Sunday, July 18, 2010

Lego Mini-Project

We have a Lego Store nearby, and needless to say, this is one of the kids' favorite places to visit. Well, the Lego Store has some pretty smart people working for them, and they have these monthly mini-projects that they let kids do for free. So here we are waiting in line for our turn. I think we waited about an hour. I KNOW! My kids better love me. ;) You can see the long line behind us.


So yes, I, and a few other insane parents waited while our kids took turns drooling over all the lego sets and begging us for "just this one? I promise [fill in some promise that they obviously won't remember more than two seconds after exiting the store]."

Once we finally got to the front, the kids were given the pieces and shown the instructions. While this slice of watermelon may look simple, it is deceptively so. About 30 minutes in, they finally announced that parents with children under 6 should take the project to go. No kidding!


Here London is, hard at work on his project.


I thought the kids might be a little underwhelmed by the project (I mean, what can you really do with a slice of watermelon?), but they were both thrilled. They are already begging to go to the next one. Whoever invented Legos (and perhaps the people they hired to develop the product and market it) is a genius!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the move :) I hate moving, but love the rewards! I also love carpet :) Yea, for turning one!! Time goes by so fast. Hope you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who knew you could make a watermelon that complicated. :) At least when you kids get older and claim that you don't love them because you aren't getting them a cell ph or some such thing, you can say, remember all those lines at the Lego store? :) Wish it worked like that, right?

    ReplyDelete