As the first day of a new year, I am caught up in the resolution-making that has enveloped the nation/world. However, you've probably heard enough about that stuff, so for now, I'll just share our top ten best memories of 2013.
In chronological order, here we go:
1. Our Snow Day Maze: The kids had two snow days last January, so they got creative and built maze of games. It was pretty awesome.
2. Running my very first mud run, then running my second with Rick.
3. Going on a Disney Cruise! I'll be honest, it took a couple of days for the kids to get used to the routine of it, and we may have had a couple of throw-up incidents, not to mention a concussion. BUT, the kids still talk about it all the time and keep asking when we'll go again. It's definitely on our "to-do-again" list.
4. Going camping with good friends: We made tinfoil dinners, roasted hotdogs, made s'mores, then had an awesome campfire breakfast. Doesn't get much better than that.
5. Spending time with Rick's brother's family in Oklahoma. They have a boat! (But the best part was visiting with them.)
6. Traveling to Oregon with family. Toured the Tillamook Cheese Factory, fished for crab, visited the aquarium, and ate authentic harbor pizza.
7. Spending time with Grandma and Grandpa Johnson here in Kansas City. We carved pumpkins together, and they got to watch the boys test for Tae Kwon Do advancement. Simple things are sometimes the best.
8. Starting a women's indoor soccer team! And then Rick felt so left out, he started a men's team. Alas, these ventures have been a stiff reminder (literally) of how old we are, but still, it's SO fun! :D
9. Taking a mini-vacation to Great Wolf Lodge. We loved swimming in their indoor park while it was snowy outside. The kids also loved the arcade. Though I almost wonder if the cable tv (and the Disney Channel) in the room wasn't their favorite part.
10. Spending time with Grandma and Grandpa Sumner over the Christmas break. The boys made boxes with Grandpa, and Grandma and I sewed a dress for Girlie:
1 week ago