Monday, May 24, 2010

Brad Paisley Concert

With Grandma and Grandpa in town, Rick and I got to sneak out to the Brad Paisley Concert. This was my birthday present (that I got for myself from Rick). I'll try to keep the narrative short:

So when we got there, pouring rain, no umbrella. Lots of adventure! Technically, it was the "Water Tour."


Here is the backside of the venue . . . the Jiffy Lube Arena.


Brad wanted to make this fun, so they set up a bunch of free games: a waterslide and dunk tank (in 60-degree rainy weather, no thank you!), an outdoor concert . . .


a Beat-the-Celebrity video car race (and no, neither of us beat him . . . I was 8 seconds off, and Rick was 32, but we don't talk about that).


So when I bought the tickets, I decided to pay the extra and join the fan club so I could buy advanced tickets (I knew I'd never do it otherwise). When you buy them that way, you don't find out where your seats are until you get there. FIFTH ROW, BABY! I'm standing by my seat. And yes, I'm soaked.


Rick was so overcome with joy at how close we were that he started calling out Brad's name and screaming like a little girl.


Okay, okay, he as pretending, but still . . . very convincing. I'll let the next pictures speak for themselves. AWESOME to be so close!





Sum up: Went to the water tour. Got soaked. Had fun. Saw Brad up close. Good times! (And our ears are still ringing.) :D

1 comment: