Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Sweet Moments

Sometimes, life as a mom can get crazy. Screaming kids. Loud BOOMS that make you cringe while you wait for renewed screaming. Flying objects. Well you get the idea.

So I'm hearing an hysterical crying getting closer and closer. Brandt is all tears and anger. I tense up, waiting for the onslaught . . .

"MOMMY! London pushed me and I got hurt RIGHT HERE!" He pointed to a spot on his arm.

"Oh, do you need a kiss?" I keep my voice soft.

"Yes!"

I give his arm a kiss and the tears are gone. He wipes at his face and smiles.

"Will you be all right?"

Brandt heads up the stairs, nodding as he goes. And I'm amazed. Amazed that my kiss can dry tears and make the hurts better.

Hard. But definitely full of sweet moments.

1 comment:

  1. That IS quite amazing, how a kiss on a boo boo can make it all better right away :) I guess they just need our support!

    ReplyDelete